|WHEN TAUGHT:||Fall; Winter|
|PREREQUISITE:||Media Arts Major, TMA 105 , TMA 185, TMA 273 & TMA 274|
|DESCRIPTION:||Advanced readings, conceptualization, and practical applications of various nonfiction forms.||COURSE OBJECTIVES:||Conceptualize, develop and present a well conceived documentary proposal to include a project treatment for presenting, funding, and producing a project idea. In this effort, class members will:
• Identify a valued idea.
• Research of documentary models, principles, and stylistic options and develop an engaging documentary film.
• Learn to apply the techniques and structures of the story-driven documentary.
• Research and develop a strategy for promoting the project idea to a specific market and audience.
- TMA 273, 274, and 293
Application Process and Submission Materials
- Submit the following to the TMA Office
- TMA 274 doc proposal
- Brief explanation of why you want to take the course and how it will prepare you for the future (half-page)
- Current transcript (full ABC report from AIM)
- Updated graduation plan with updated graduation date
- Current resume
Deadline to Submit Materials
- Last day of Finals in semester preceding desired semester
Faculty Review Process
- Performance in 274
- Review of Submission Materials
- Add code
- The Department will send add codes to those accepted for registration no later than the week prior to the first day of the semester.