TMA 114 : Reading and Constructing Narratives (3:3:3)
||Media Arts Studies majors/minors–TMA 102 and admittance to media arts program;
Animation majors–admittance to the animation program;
MDT–admittance to the MDT program;
Theatre Arts Studies majors/minors and BFA Acting–TMA 101;
Theatre Education majors–Sc Ed 276R.
||Analyzing basic narrative principles; conceptualizing and writing narratives for theatre and media.
- The objective of this class is to explore a range of story types that you should all know about. You have different career aspirations, but practitioners and scholars alike will want to be able to read, comprehend, and adapt/implement this array of narrative methods.
- To equip students with a set of critical tools that will aid them in their studio work
- To establish a solid foundation for students as they prepare to take higher-level Critical Studies courses—namely, Dramatic Literature (TMA 395 & 396) and Contemporary Performance Practices (TMA 401)
- To provide students a stronger understanding of how the world around them is constructed and how they might better participate in, resist, and/or affect that world.
- Graduates will distinguish themselves through leadership, inspiration, and integrity in professional experience.