TMA 285 will help you learn to tell meaningful stories by creating purposeful images. A “purposeful image” is an image, or series of images, carefully conceptualized, designed and ordered to communicate something. This “something” may be an overt theme or message, but it may also be a feeling or emotion. We will learn by watching, reading, discussing, analyzing and practicing. Students will work with a partner and alternate each week between directing and DP-ing. It is anticipated that by the end of the semester, students will have each directed six or seven short films or scenes.
- TMA 105 & 185, 187
- Complete or enroll in TMA 291 or 292
Deadline to Submit Materials
- Application due dates for the following semesters:
- Fall Semester: April 1
- Winter semester: December 1
Faculty Review Process
- Submission materials
- Performance in TMA 185
- Performance in TMA history and critical studies courses
- The Department will contact those who applied no later than the week prior to the first day of the semester.
- If there is a large demand for the class, acceptance will be based on a) Quality of submission materials, then b) First come, first serve