Want to help out on a BYU student film? Our students are always looking for student volunteers to help. On this page, you can send the producer of one of out upcoming student films your interest in volunteering on their project. In some cases, you may even be able to get class credit while you work on set (current BYU students only). If you offer to help on a project, we request that you follow these guidelines:
- You must commit to attend all production meetings you are asked to attend
- You are expected to show up to the shoot at the times you agree to and staying until you are dismissed
- You must not miss any of your regular classes to work on the film
- You are expected to act professionally and respectfully with everyone on the project
Not following these guidelines will have an affect on your future opportunities with other Media Arts Projects. If you are wanting to get credit for working on a capstone, do the following:
- please fill out this form: TMA 372-215-388 project application
- Have the faculty producer/mentor over crew sign the paperwork (Tom Lefler)
- Return the paperwork to Kyle Stapley in the TMA office (D581 HFAC) before the add/drop deadline to receive an add code.
Here are the student projects currently in production:
Fiction Capstone Projects
Non-Fiction (Documentary) Capstone Projects
Animated Web Series
Synopsis: The world of tomorrow is an thrilling place…unless you’re a janitor or an alien lab rat.
Producer: Danny Hunt
Director: David Heath
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Six Week Cinema
Six Weeks Cinema is an experimental production opportunity for Media Arts students where six (6) projects are produced over a six-week period during the Spring/Summer Terms. It is student driven effort and connected to the Student Film Association to give it support and reach.
It’s purpose is to help beginning and intermediate film students gain filmmaking skills on small scoped projects.
Currently we are looking for all crew positions, especially Directors, Screenwriters, and Producers. If you are interested in participating this Spring/Summer, please email email@example.com