The purpose of the Media Arts Lab (MAL) Access Meeting is to help student obtain equipment and resource access beyond the access granted to them in their classes. In addition to helping students obtain access, MAL is tasked to protect university resources by reviewing requests and making sure students are prepared to use the equipment/resources properly.
WHEN DO I NEED IT?
- Any equipment beyond class approved lists
- Beginning and Advanced Practice exercises
- Advanced Fiction and Nonfiction Production Projects
Access meetings must take place at least one week before the desired reservation time. To schedule a time to meet with access, follow the instructions here: https://form.jotform.com/81916385955168
Access meetings take place on Wednesdays from 3-4pm during Fall and Winter semester. All students involved in the request must attend the access meeting.
During the meeting you will be asked to explain why you need the equipment and are expected to demonstrate your competence and understanding with the equipment you are requesting.
Connect2 Reservation System
Media Arts Equipment is reserved only for use in Media Arts classes and MA faculty/MAL approved projects. Equipment cannot be checked out for student’s personal or commercial projects.
Since the number of students enrolled in the Media Arts program exceeds the amount of equipment available, all equipment must be reserved before a student may check it out.
The Media Arts Labs uses a web-based reservation system, Connect2, which is accessible to all current Media Arts students. Using Connect2, students may select, schedule, and reserve equipment.
TIPS TO MAKE YOUR MEETING SUCCESSFUL:
- Have all of your paperwork completely filled out and ready to hand in
- Be on time, be polite, remember that access is a privilege, not a right
- Know your equipment list, make sure it is complete, understand the purpose of each piece requested
- Ask questions if you do not understand anything
- Have a couple of options of dates in case equipment is unavailable