Open Date 05/20/2019
Requisition Number PRN20697B
Job Title Manager, Media Production
Working Title On-Air Promotions and Graphics Producer, Marketing
Job Grade E
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
This is a benefits-eligible position. 40 hours per week. Schedule may be flexible, but hours must be worked between 8 am and 5 pm Monday-Friday. This position is not eligible for telecommuting.
VP Area President
Department 00334 – KUED
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $39,300/yr. to $72,700/yr.
Open Until Filled Yes
KUED’s is Utah’s PBS station, providing the state with access to exceptional content that entertains, informs, and enriches viewers. KUED airs PBS programming, plus award-winning, locally produced documentaries and series. Recognized as one of the leading public television stations in the country, KUED is committed to serving and engaging with the Utah community through its diverse productions, as well as its educational and outreach programs. KUED is always evolving to provide Utahns with relevant programming and services, while maintaining its core values of integrity, fairness, independence, education, and innovation. KUED also provides three additional broadcast channels: WORLD, PBS Kids 24/7, and Create.
As a part of KUED’s Marketing Department, the On-Air Promotions Producer is responsible for creating on-air promotions and branded content for KUED, including tune-in promos, brand image spots, station initiative promotions, station IDs, and other promotional priorities. This position reports to the Director of Marketing & Community Relations.
1. Produce and edit on-air promotions and branded content for KUED, KUED’s three subchannels (World, PBS Kids 24/7, and Create), and KUED’s digital platforms, including:
• Tune-in promos for local productions, brand image spots, station initiative/proof of performance spots, value and testimonial spots, station IDs and bumpers
• Other promotional priorities as directed by Department Director
2. Oversee production of all on-air promo production projects from conception to final delivery, including:
• Working with Department Director to determine promo priorities and needs, pulling content/clips from existing sources, or determining what is needed and coordinating production, motion graphic design/animation, editing, music selection/sound design, color correction, trafficking
3. Create and design show opens, title sequences, and graphics for local productions, such as:
• Show open for new series or documentary, refresh the look of an existing series, create Parallax effects, animated maps, etc., other graphic/animated needs for Production Department
4. Pitch new promo content concepts to Department Director to keep breaks fresh and engaging.
5. Work with Director of Marketing and Traffic Coordinator to create run schedule, deliver assets and track projects as needed.
6. Help maintain promo inventory on station logs.
7. May create promos specifically for other KUED content distribution platforms, such as digital, social media, etc.
8. Other duties as assigned by Department Director.
This position will report to KUED’s Director of Marketing & Community Relations
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Production/Broadcast Media or equivalent professional experience at a broadcast media outlet, creative agency, entertainment marketing environment, or related, or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education).
Department Specific Qualifications:
• 4-6 years of experience producing and editing short form content in a marketing and branding capacity
• Proven track record at creating contemporary, compelling motion graphics and animations
• Proficient in the Adobe Premiere Suite, including Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and Audition
• Experience in executing a creative project from pre-production through post
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including outstanding grammar, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
Master’s degree in a related area may be preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
• Strong storytelling skills
• Strong demo reel/portfolio
• High attention to detail
• Broadcast/media industry savvy
• Ability to manage a large volume of projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
• Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working collaboratively
• Ability to give and receive feedback in a team environment
• Experience in writing, developing and pitching creative concepts
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: email@example.com or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Eligible new hires with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in URS if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.