Open Date 12/07/2018
Requisition Number PRN19118B
Job Title Coordinator, Marketing & Communications
Working Title Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Job Grade C
FLSA Code Administrative
Patient Sensitive Job Code? No
Standard Hours per Week 40
Full Time or Part Time? Full Time
Work Schedule Summary
40 hours per week. Schedule may be flexible, but hours must be worked between 8 am and 5 pm Monday-Friday. This position is not eligible for telecommuting.
VP Area President
Department 00334 – KUED
City Salt Lake City, UT
Type of Recruitment External Posting
Pay Rate Range $25,000/yr. to $45,000/yr.
Open Until Filled Yes
As a part of KUED’s dynamic Marketing Department, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will develop, implement, and analyze email marketing and PR strategies for the station. This position will also work closely with the Development Department on email campaigns for Membership communication, cultivation, acquisition and stewardship.
KUED’s is Utah’s PBS station, providing the state with access to exceptional content that entertains, informs, and enriches viewers. KUED airs PBS programming, plus award-winning, locally produced documentaries and series. Recognized as one of the leading public television stations in the country, KUED is committed to serving and engaging with the Utah community through its diverse productions, as well as its educational and outreach programs. KUED is always evolving to provide Utahns with relevant programming and services, while maintaining its core values of integrity, fairness, independence, education, and innovation. KUED also provides three additional broadcast channels: WORLD, PBS Kids 24/7, and Create
- Coordinate and execute all station email campaigns
- Consult with internal departments to determine promotional needs and develop email marketing strategies to meet those needs
- Collaborate with team and internal departments to create the concept for each project and write copy to support each concept
- Coordinate and manage Marketing and Development lists; work with Membership Data Manager to pull campaign lists from data sources
- Track effectiveness of each campaign through data analysis and work to improve future campaigns
- Research public relations opportunities to promote both PBS and locally-produced content
- Keep projects on track in terms of schedule and budget
COORDINATE EMAIL MARKETING
- Develop and execute a comprehensive annual “email plan” for KUED
- Coordinate the development and design of email marketing pieces
- Write and edit copy for electronic communications including email and website content
- Manage lists and contact records to maximize distribution and response
- Test strategies and analyze results to improve strategies
- Create reports and share results with colleagues and leadership
- Collaborate with colleagues to integrate messaging across programs
- Write, produce and send press releases and other written communication tools, including advertising copy, website content, and other publications, as required
- Proofreads and edit various materials as needed
- Support Digital Marketing Coordinator with social media campaigns, as needed
- Assist in marketing surveys, research projects, and focus groups from initial questionnaires to compiling and analyzing information
- Assist in writing on-air messaging scripts
- Other duties as assigned
The incumbent will report to KUED’s Director of Marketing.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related area, or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education). One year of related experience and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills required. Experience in different styles of writing, publishing software packages and advertising concepts may be preferred.
- Experience designing and creating content for email communications, and social media (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube)
- Experience with email marketing platforms, familiarity with Emma and/or SalesForce Marketing Cloud and Social Studio a plus
- Experience writing press releases and managing relationships with press contacts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including outstanding grammar, writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working collaboratively with Marketing Department and other internal departments
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Hard-working and dependable, ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Work nights or weekends as necessary to attend events and activities
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
- 2-4 years professional experience in marketing, advertising, copywriting, email management or equivalency
- Basic graphic design knowledge preferred (using Adobe Creative Suite)
- Experience with media relations and communication
Type Benefited Staff
Special Instructions Summary
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified applicants, upon request and consistent with University policy and Utah state law.
To inquire about this posting, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), email: email@example.com.
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). To be eligible for retirement contributions, you must be hired into a benefit-eligible position. Certain new hires are automatically assigned to the URS retirement plan and other employees with prior URS service, may elect to enroll in the URS within 30 days of hire. Regardless of whether they are hired into a benefit-eligible position or not, individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS must notify the Benefits Department upon hire. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801)366-7770 or (800)695-4877 or the University’s Benefits Department at (801)581-7447 for information.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.