Do you crave working in a creative fast-paced environment where you can help produce Emmy award winning content? Do you wake up ready to make this dream a reality? Join the team of successful showrunners whose power is to awe and entertain audiences. Studio C’s Associate Producer is the position for you if you have a passion for television and can’t get enough of it. The Associate Producer position is involved with the pre-production, production and postproduction stages of various projects. The responsibilities of the position include researching and delivering specific content following the producers’ guidelines and expectations. The Associate Producer will support the production of 4+ concurrent projects. This position requires special attention to detail, organization, efficiency, excellent writing skills, interpersonal skills, and managerial skills, while keeping projects within budget guidelines and deadlines. There may be times where the Associate Producer may have to come in early or stay late to ensure that deadlines are met
- Help with production schedules
- Schedule producer’s meetings
- Work directly in Pre-production, Production and Post production of concurrent projects
- Setup auditions and meetings with new writers
- Review Rough cuts and prep them for producer’s approval
- Setup meetings with post production and production teams
- 1 year of production or production assistant experience
- Background/knowledge of TV and film production
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Communications, Broadcast journalism or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience with television/ newscasts / entertainment
Skills, abilities, knowledge, licenses, certifications
- Excellent writing skills, including writing scripts and excellent story-telling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including working with persons and students at BYU Broadcasting.
- Working knowledge and ability to operate word, excel and Premiere Pro.
- Ability to thrive in an environment requiring teamwork
- Knowledge of Latino culture is a plus, sensibilities and trends and the competitive television landscape thereof
- Ability to work under intense deadline and pressure
- Self-discipline and time-management skills
- Sound editorial and creative judgment is essential
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule
The full job posting and application information can be found at yjobs.byu.edu. The job posting number is 71531