Sundance Institute, Park City UT is hiring a community outreach and artist program intern. This internship will provide insight into the qualifications and skills needed to conduct program outreach for a nonprofit arts organization through entry-level duties. Additionally, this internship will allow the intern to explore their interest in this field and gain an understanding of the skills and knowledge needed for success in a professional workplace.
Employment Dates: 2/12/2018-8/31/2018
Considerations: This internship works part-time out of our Park City, UT office. Must have the ability to average 20 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Performs detailed and comprehensive research on local artists, art organizations, universities, etc. and compiles contact information for each organized by geographic location.
- Conducts targeted outreach to artists and organizations from underrepresented and diverse communities to engage them in our local activities.
- Builds an excel database with art organizations, media outlets, universities, and local film festivals and includes key personnel names and their contact information.
- Corresponds with organizations about upcoming Institute events and program applications to engage broad interest.
- Prepares and sends event invitations to alumni from surrounding areas.
- Creates and maintains a calendar of events for each city and cross-references with Institute activities to ensure there’s no overlap with community events.
- Creates a resource guide and badges for program participants, as directed.
- Creates an accurate tracking process of registered participants and their contact information, working with internal departments marketing, web, and tech.
- Performs detailed and comprehensive research on local advertising and media outlets specific to geographic location.
- Facilitates media buying and delivery of paid media assets specific to geographic location.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Ability to work with individuals of every race, socioeconomic and educational background.
- Has strong verbal and organizational skills.
- Has an interest in private nonprofit organizations and a desire to better understand how they operate.
- Has an interest in the arts or a nonprofit career.
- Projects a high level of confidence and is comfortable being in charge of multiple tasks.
- Enjoys jumping into new experiences.
- Is flexible, energetic and eager to join an amazing arts organization.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills:
Experience with administrative work within a professional office environment.
Click here to apply: https://sundancejobs.applicantpro.com/jobs/692358.html