Job title: BYUB Student Video Promotions Coordinator
Number of openings: 1
Work days/times: Monday-Friday Flexible
Hours per week: 16-20
Hourly wage: $10.00
Start dates: ASAP
Supervisor: Kelly Fisher
The BYUB Student Video Promotions Coordinator will be primarily responsible for coordinating post production workflow for promotions and other related items for BYU Broadcasting, BYUtv, and KBYU. Under the direction of the Creative Project Manager and Promotions Producer(s), the selected applicant will do the following:
- Assist in managing the Video Promotions team workload while following the current marketing project planning process (sprints). This person will need to help plan and assign upcoming sprints and oversee the active sprint to ensure on-time deliveries for the promotions team.
- Work with the Creative Project Manager and Promotions Producers to define priorities, assign projects, and determine resource allowances (hours tasked).
- Assign, maintain and be able to communicate the current work schedules of the full-time and student team members.
- Collaborate with programming and create assignments from their system (currently Google Docs) into the Promotions system (Shotgun, Trello).
- Attend scheduling meetings with the Promotions team and Programming (as needed).
- Follow the editing process through to completion including through Quality Control (QC) and Master Control to ensure that the edits/spots (commercials) are started, QC approved and delivered on-time. He/she will need be able to respond quickly to ‘declined’ promos and have the editor immediately correct any issues.
- Focus on getting the end product to other destinations, including the marketing director/brand manager/assistants, BYUtv.org, BYU Radio, outside stations and on campus through various methods in a timely fashion.
- Help communicate and be a liaison between Promotions and other BYUB departments, vendors, or production companies.
- Work with editors to collect post production assets and gather media (footage, graphics, other spots) from outside vendors/teams or in-house producers and to help ensure deliveries to outside entities/vendors are made on time.
- Help archive projects, assist on contracts, and follow up on requests from On-Air Promotions to motion graphics (Post) or Creative Services.
- Work with the editor and Post group to help move promotions through the online process.
Depending on the schedule, the BYUB Student Video Promotions Coordinator may work evenings, weekends and/or during the day.
The BYUB Student Video Promotions Coordinator at BYU Broadcasting applicant should have an interest and aptitude for organizing and coordinating multiple projects at a time – taking them from the point received to completion. Looking for someone who is a good communicator, has a can-do attitude, and has developed a strong work ethic. In addition, the applicant should be organized, reliable, on time, a problem solver, flexible, and have an attention to detail. If you are interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Kelly Fisher at BYU Broadcasting.
Qualified applicants please send cover letter and resume to Kelly Fisher at email@example.com.
Name: BYU Broadcasting Human Resources
Address: BYU Broadcasting
Provo UT 84602
Phone number: (801) 422-8450
Fax number: (801) 422-8478
E-mail: Kelly Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.